Gut Healing Soup (That ACTUALLY Tastes Delicious)

If you're anything like me, you maybe struggle from time to time to find FAST, EASY, NOURISHING recipes that the whole family will enjoy. Personally - I can eat something that doesn't taste that great if I know it has nutritional benefits.



My toddler and husband? Not so much..

This recipe, however, was SO fast and easy - and the entire family scarfed it down. 16 month old, AND husband.

I will list how to make this recipe step by step, and attach a link to everything I purchased. All you have to do is click the links, and it will bring you right there so that you can check it out for yourself!

I mostly followed Dr. Axe's recipe from his book, Bone Broth Breakthrough. I highly recommend this book. He mentions the healing powers of bone broth, TONS of recipes to make, as well as a few nutritional guides and challenges to try out! Definitely worth the money.


I cooked this recipe in my Instant Pot. If you don't have one yet - you quite honestly NEED one. It has changed the cooking game SO MUCH for my family. I used to hate cooking and we ate fast food a lot. Now, I use my instant pot daily - sometimes multiple times a day because it is fast and EASY. This recipe took 45 mins in my instant pot. Bone broth takes 2 hours. Veggies take 2 mins or less to steam to perfection. I've made apple sauce, yogurt, cheesecake, tons and tons of soups, and so much more. Invest in it - and you will be investing in the health and sanity of your family.


My entire family enjoys spicy food, and LOVES garlic, so we did add a few things and tweak it here and there! My recipe will be listed below. But first - I'm going to tell you WHY this soup is so nourishing for your body!

Let's start off with my favorite ingredient.

Bone Broth Powder



This bone broth powder comes in MANY delicious flavors. It's organic, and extremely concentrated. Easy to add to anything. The only ingredients are bone broth, and organic turmeric. We currently have Turmeric and Banana Creme flavors at our house. The Turmeric flavor is NOT overbearing at all. It's definitely consumable. I add it to my coffee, shakes, and basically every recipe that I can. Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory, it increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, improves brain function, and so much more. This is why I used it in my recipe. Dr. Axe's recipe called for the Pure Bone Broth Powder, which is also awesome. But I thought I would use this one and sneak some extra health benefits into our meal.

Now lets talk about bone broth in general. Is it a fad? Is it actually good for you? Why? It can heal and seal your gut, it helps protect your joints, it can help with energy, the collagen can help make your nails stronger and hair longer, and a LOT more! I have been incorporating it into my daily diet for a few weeks and I've noticed a HUGE change in my nails. They look and feel so much stronger. I can only imagine the amazing things it's doing on the inside of my body, as well.

Veggies:
This soup has tons of veggies, which are always great to nourish your body. I also added garlic because I am in love with garlic, and all of it's benefits.




Grass Fed Beef:
I was vegetarian for a year, but I have come to notice that sometimes, meat is GOOD for you. We still don't eat a LOT of meat, but grass fed beef is commonly eaten at our house. It matters how the cow is fed. It really does. It has a MAJOR effect on the nutrient composition of the beef. Without giving you too much information to overload you - think about it this way - you are what you eat...which means - you are what your food eats, too. Cows are not meant to be fed grains 100% of the time. They become unhealthy, which means their meat becomes unhealthy and no longer contains all the nutritional benefits. Eating an unhealthy animal won't make you healthy. Don't skimp when it comes to meat. :)

You will need:

1.5 lbs grass fed beef or bison
2 eggs, whisked
1/2tsp sea salt
1tsp cayenne (or paprika)
2tbls coconut oil or ghee
4 cups bone broth (or 3 scoops bone broth powder mixed with 36oz water)
2cups water
1tsp sea salt
2 bay leaves
4 carrots washed and chopped
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1 cup green beans
1 cup green peas
2  tomatoes, chopped
sea salt and black pepper to taste
green onions (to top)
avocado (to top)

I also added garlic (diced) and cumin. And I added celery.

First, I made the meatballs in my instant pot. Mix the eggs, meat, sea salt, and cayenne together. Form into small meatballs. Add 1/2 cup of water or bone broth to the instant pot. Put the meatballs into the instant pot side by side, covering the bottom of the pot. Close the lid. Cook them on Manual, high pressure, 5 mins. When done - release steam, take meatballs out, set aside. (I left the bone broth in)

Then add your bone broth, or bone broth powder to the instant pot. Put the sweet potato, celery, tomato, carrot, and garlic into the bone broth. Select the "soup" option, and cook for 35 mins. You could also cook on HIGH, manual for 5 mins, but I wanted to savor the goodness of the bone broth - so I chose to cook it longer. Seal the pressure valve. Once done - release the pressure valve. Add the meatballs into the soup, and the green beans and green peas. Saute for 5-10 more minutes (until the peas and beans are done).





Add green onions and avocado on top.

Serve and enjoy!

Do you LIKE this? Please share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every New Beginning

Why You NEED Bulletproof Coffee